Zaklad Automatyki i Urzadzen Pomiarowych AREX Sp. z o.o. creates innovative solutions for railway, street lighting and defence sectors. The company has over 25 years of experience. Most of the employees are engineers of different specializations: mechanics, electronics and IT. AREX is a member of WB Group- the largest private defence group in Poland.
AREX was founded in 1989 by D.E. Andrzej Darski. At the beginning the company’s main activity were transducers of different physical quantities. Later AREX developed DIMaC-EK System that gave the company recognition in the railway industry. AREX has continued its development and saw its opportunity for growth in the modernization process of the Polish Armed Forces. Hence, the company developed electromechanical equipment that has successfully been implemented in many modernized and new army weaponry. In 2011 AREX joined the WB Group to successfully develop further original solutions with the other Group members.
AREX specializes in two sectors:
- Defence: training simulators, subsystems and complete drive control systems,
- Civil: power systems for railway and road infrastructures; the flagship product is the railway turnout heating systems that helps rails traffic during harsh weather conditions (sleet, snow, etc.).
AREX cooperates closely with scientific and research centres, which include the Gdansk University of Technology and the Polish Naval Academy.
AREX offers the following services:
- preparation of the functional requirements and plan for project implementation according to guidelines developed in close consultation with clients,
- development of project solutions in the field of electronics, electrical power engineering and mechanics,
- documentation design,
- software design,
- prototype implementation,
- technical consultancy.
The Management Board
Krzysztof Bielawski- President of the Management Board, Chief Executive Officer
Tomasz Buda- Member of the Management Board, Chief Operational Officer
Gerard Wiśniewski- Member of the Management Board, Chief Development Officer